Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

#55 closed task (fixed)

Convert plugin for SlimServer 7

Reported by: stuarth Owned by: stuarth
Priority: major Milestone: 3.0
Component: Plugin Version: 2.3
Keywords: Cc:

Description

SlimServer 7 has some significant changes that require changes to compatible plugins. These include (at the time of writing):

  1. Strings are separate to plugin module.
  2. Plugin preferences are handled differently.
  3. There is a different plugin management API (versions etc).

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by stuarth

I've made some intermediate progress, and I've checked that in under r239. See the changelog for further details. I'll post further progress here.

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by stuarth

Forgot to mention - that source is in source:trunk, but the ZIP file isn't yet updated so you'll need the source directly from that directory.

To install, create the folder !LazySearch2 in the main SlimServer Plugins folder, and copy the following files into it:

  • INSTALL
  • install.xml
  • Plugin.pm
  • strings.txt

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by stuarth

Not yet checked in, but I've got the beginnings of the plugin's preferences now working. I've get to get validation in there, but that shouldn't be too hard.

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by stuarth

Another snapshot commit on the way to a full and tested port. This now has
plugin preferences that work, although there is not yet any validation (as
this doesn't seem to be supported by the core SlimServer 7 yet, either).

Also, I've fixed a mistake where the database would never get lazified, which
was pretty devastating!

You can find this snapshot in source:trunk@242, but note that the ZIP file isn't currently updated so you'll need to take the individual plugin parts instead.

comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by stuarth

I've now run all tests (as documented in TestSuite) and they've all passed. That just leaves a little tidying up and then I can formally release 3.0b1.

comment:6 Changed 12 years ago by stuarth

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

I've now baselined this in source:tags/3.0b1. On that basis I'm closing this ticket.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.